Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New discovery...

You ever just one day discover something about yourself which you found to have always been true, even though you never thought about it before? Of course we have. And for me, yesterday was no different.

I recently have been going through some unfair junk lately. I cannot specify what exactly but trust me, its just a frustrating affair and I'm at my wits end about it. No matter what I try to work out, it just isn't. So, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution. Especially a solution that would create some income for me. And yesterday, I discovered a possible solution. Then I came home and an explosion of artwork and concepts came out of me, bringing me well ahead of a starting point.

So, what I've discovered is that I work great when I have some sort of adversy or enemy to fight.

Its totally true. I remember once I was trying to get my band going and I went to see a pal of mine's band play locally. The band was very tight and rockin. I went home really jealous and pissed. I wrote 8 songs that night, some of my best stuff that Shane and I ever did in our other band besides IDIOTHEAD. Actual heavy songs that the whole world has ever heard. Songs that Shane and I still play when we get together.

I also remember going to San Diego and fueling on the vibe there and being slightly jealous that I wasn't that much a part of it behind the curtain. I went back to the hotel and came up with the concept of ANNA POCALYPSE.

So maybe its true. I need an enemy to fight. Otherwise, I sit at a blank piece of paper and stare at it. So go ahead world, anger me. I can take it. In fact, I need it!

MONDAY: I wake up around 8:30 with the bots and convince the wife to get up with me. We check on our restaurants and then I make the long trek out to where I had to park the car outside. We go to the bank and to my Walgreens to get a shovel to dig my other car out. We get some things and discuss a few things with my managers, which gets me no where really. So we head to Chilli's and I eat a grilled chicken with potatoes. No fries! I come up with a great plan to bring some income into the house using my art and I head home to start doodling. Bots and Kelly nap and then she heads to work. Bots and I chase each other around the house and watch Spongebob till he passes out around 6pm. I get to work doodling on pinups and pages. A few hours later, I emerge with some great pieces! Very happy. Wife gets home and brings me a plain grilled chicken sandwich. We eat and then I go to pass out to some Family Guy.

No comments: