Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Noah's Ark?



This type of stuff fascinates me. Biblical archeology. I became obsessed with it as a kid. Partly because of Indiana Jones. But partly because I felt that if I could physically "prove" that some of the stories of the bible were true via some artifacts, then I would be a better believer. One of the major stories I always turned to was Noah's Ark. The mother of all archeological finds, because the bible says exactly where it is! Well, tons of people have claimed to have found it and never can prove it beyond hersay. But this comes today.

Look at the pics and tell me what you think:







Looks pretty good. Apparently, they found this at the 14,000 feet level on Ararat, which would be accurate. BUT-I remain a skeptic. Until I see further proof, more photos, video and actual major news documentation on its actual find rather than second hand news on a few evangelical sites of pics that easily could be faked, I will remain that way.

BUT-I will say that this does excite me. What if it IS true? What then? Well, I'd have alot of soul searching questions to ask myself. The mini archeologist/ancient history buff in me gets all excited when this sort of stuff comes up. Either way, its exciting to see or dream of the possibility.

For now, the group says they are trying to get United Nations and Turkish Government to approve the location as an "official" archeological site and thus giving it all sorts of restrictions by others and protection. Then a major dig and excavation can happen. Time will tell I suppose.

Come what may, its just exciting to think about.

T

No comments: