Monday, May 10, 2010

DIMEBAG List Bonus Blog



I was "challenged" by a pal of mine to come up with a comprehensive top ten Dimebag songs. I have to excuse myself because I've never heard any of the Damageplan stuff. But I can speak to the PANTERA stuff certainly.

10-CAGED IN A RAGE - A solo song he played and sung on the SUPERCOP soundtrack. I remember this song as rockin.
9-THIS LOVE - Hard not to love.
8-SHATTERED - One of the best off of Cowboys.
7-DRAG THE WATERS - The best off of Trendkill? Well, second best.
6-I'M BROKEN - Inspired one of Shane and I's old ARSENIC songs called DOWN IN THE FIRE. Doesn't get any heavier than this.
5-5 MINUTES ALONE - If this song doesn't make you want to fight somebody, then you must be dead.
4-PSYCHO HOLIDAY - Another great riff intro and song from Cowboys.
3-BECOMING - Geat for the innovative use of Wah effect riff and Vinnie Pauls double bass mix. It sounds like popping popcorn. I love it.
2-FLOODS - Best solo ever? ITs damn good, but not my personal favorite.
1-CEMETARY GATES - Best song Pantera ever did. Its got everything you want. It invokes several moods and emotions all at once and some of the best soloing and riffs ever.

So there ya go. Top 10 Dimebag Darrell songs as far as I know. A tribute list to a fallen hero. Crank it up.

T

No comments: