Sunday, May 09, 2010

IRON MAN 2 and MOTOR CITY COMIC CON!

I never get to go to the movies anymore. Either no time or no babysitter for the Scott-bot 4000. But yesterday the wife had the day off and convinced me to take some time to go see Iron Man 2. So I did.




And I am very glad I did because despite the general sayings of the critics I have heard, I gotta say I enjoyed the hell out of it. Its just as fun as the first one and I didn't feel lost in too many characters once (unlike Dark Knight). Downey Jr is by far the most captivating person to watch on screen. He's funny, he's charismatic and a great character. I think the film touched on a lot of things from the comics and had tons of little treats for us comic fans. (BTW-if going to see it, stay past the credits for another one of these little treats!)

I'll admit I do not actively read any Iron Man books nor a whole lot of Marvel in general, save for when a few of my favorite artists or writers are doing a book here or there. I knew nothing of Iron Man going in, so I cannot compare/contrast how I felt about the books and movies by comparison. But as a person who enjoys comics I gotta say this is the type of movie that makes being in comics just fucking awesome. If you want some great entertainment, see the Iron Man films. I think they are the best Marvel Comic movies ever done. Forget the Spiderman and Hulk movies. Go see Iron Man.

Speaking of comics, this weekend is the MOTOR CITY COMIC CON, officially kicking off my Convention tour of 2010! See info HERE!!!




After last week's awesome Free Comic Day appearance at Wonderworld, my hopes and enthusiasm is at an all time high. I am all set up and stocked up with stuff and I am ready to go baby! I got prints, sketchbooks, Sketch Cards, Anna #1, Pleasant Life trades, Commissions and as a bonus for the girls, my wife will be selling Charm Bracelets for dirt cheap! I also will be premiering my new backdrop and original art sales system there. I got a feeling its just gonna be great! (bring the kids by for a free quick sharpie marker sketch!)

Guests include pals of mine: Jay Fosgitt, Katie Cook, Brett Pinson, Shawn Forney, Kevin Leen, Tony Miello, Mike Indovina and many more. Also on are people like Guy Davis, Adam West, Marina Sirtis and Vernon Welles. And returning for the first time in a few years to the show is my friend DEAN STAHL!

Motor City is a show I do once every other year. Its the show I cut my teeth over eight years ago and it is the first show I went to as a fan way back in 1995. So there's a lot of history between me and this show. A lot of longtime fans come out to see me and I appreciate that so much. Also they run a good show there with lots to see and do and alot of diversity in dealers and artists/media guests. I can think of no better place to start out another great Con season. I haven't been to a show since September last year so I am itching to get out there again. This is my favorite part of the business, taking it to the people man. I love it.

Iron Man 2, great Comic Cons, good friends... its all little bits that make this job the best job in the world. The excitement and fun surrounding what I get to do right now is at an all time personal high for me. And I want it to keep going up and up. I had a killer year last year and I hope to top it in 2010. I know we can.

So come on out! Motor City Comic Con! I cannot wait! See you all there!

T

No comments: