Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moving and Print Plug.

Here's a pic from three days ago of my precious office...



Today, the bookcases are mostly cleared off and moved to the side and tons of boxes surrounding them. So the packing for our eventual relocation to Lansing is well underway. I've sold a ton of things on ebay and frankly, its a crapshoot as always. Seems the things I never think will sell do for high amounts and the things that are worth high amounts DO NOT sell. Its odd. And the shipping costs is eating at my time and money alike. So I think that is it for ebay for me for now. If I find anything I am willing to part with, I will just toss it. Unless I think I know someone it can go to. Other than that, its sort of liberating to toss all this stuff that has been keeping me down. Its great to have stuff but I find as I grow older I am more interested in buying things for my kids and making sure the things we have are nice and up to date. Granted, I'll still buy books, Cds and DVDs, but not nearly as much as I used to. The kid is getting to the age of wanting "bigger kid toys." and my oldest will be wanting "BIG KID" toys! So yeah, time to let this big kid take a break on being so selfish. Its better for me methinks.

In other news, got this in the mail:



I ordered some prints from CATPRINT.com based on a recomendation and I gotta say folks, that it is AWESOME! The quality is just jaw droppingly incredible. So I got these three done and they will premiere at the DETROIT FANFARE show this coming October. I "may" do one or two more, I haven't decided. But for now, I got enough copies of these to last for the show. The only way to get prints from me is at the shows as I never sell these online. So try to make a show if you can. All prints come either matted and wrapped or wrapped with a protective board. Extremely nice quality by catprint... My new favorite place to shop! I know I will definitely be ordering more from them. I got high glossy stock paper for these and I got more pieces in my spine flower that I would like to see get the catprint.com treatment! So I highly recommend them for you artistic types out there. And I recommend you get a print from me at DETROIT FANFARE! :)

The packing is going well. We got a rediculous quote from TWO MEN AND A TRUCK to move our stuff today. Like, $1300!!!!! So we are looking at other options. We are calling in favors left and right to see who can help us move. I think we got it under control though. No problems. Word. Its great to have such great friends!

Lastly, I started on the art for the new post-ANNA project yesterday. Its really looking good folks. Not just saying that. I means it. Will tease soon.

Anyway, I guess thats it for now. I got artwork to finish this week, coloring to do and ROGER WATERS on Friday. An exciting rest of the week ahead for me!

Luvs, T

No comments: