Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Lazy Wednesday

Hey everyone. Its early Wednesday. I'm cooking a pot roast, mashed potatoes and biscuits for the family. My hands smell like sliced onions, celery and carrots. Yummy!

Been working on commissions this past week. I inked the page I did live on the air Saturday. I haven't gotten any further on either that project or ANNA. I've been busy spending time with the family and packing/sorting stuff for the move. I just tossed a ton of clothes too. Stuff I've had since High School! Wow. Almost 17 years ago. Holy crap!

I did buy some stuff yesterday. I got the GRINDHOUSE 2 disc Bluray. Also I picked up SLAYER's "Reign in Blood." My first Slayer album. Might as well best the one they are best known for, right? I also pre-ordered that 5 disc TRANSATLANTIC LIVE Cd/DVD set. I ordered it pretty damn early and the first 100 ordered get autographed by Mike Portnoy and Neal Morse. I've got a damn good chance that I got in early enough. Should arrive late October. Hopefully before the move! Don't want it to get lost in the mail.

Another album is coming next week that I am interested in:



I'll admit, as hardcore a Floyd fan as I am, I am not a mega fan of the early era Floyd where Syd Barrett wrote the songs. I think Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a great album though. I do have it and enjoy it. But its not my favorite era of Floyd. My least favorite era of Floyd though is right after Syd left the band and they went all psychidelic and acid trippy. I guess that type of music has its place in history, but I guess I don't feel it. Its the least spun discs in my collection. but I gotta admit that I am slightly interested in this Syd Barrett collection that is coming next week. I think now that I am older, maybe its time to give his work another listen. I never really checked out his solo Cds. Why not?

I'm also checking out Exodus, more Slayer, King Diamond, Overkill, Iron Maiden and Anthrax. All bands that I've tasted here and there, but never got into. Why? Well, I guess now that I know Dream Theater (at least for me, for a while) is practically no more, I am looking for something new. and there's a lot of "staple music" that I have missed out on growing up. I've been listening to a lot of Metal lately. No idea why other than what I just stated. I guess I just want to move on to another era of music that I could also enjoy. To taste all of life's great art of my era before I croak.

We're anxious for the move. And I am also anxious for the Detroit Fanfare show, coming up Halloween weekend. We're doing something called "Shots for Sketches." Where you buy your chosen artist a shot of alcohol and get them to draw a sketch and its all for charity! Sounds like epic fun to me! If I can I am totally taking part in that!!

Well I guess thats all for now! Thanks for reading! Back to work and cooking with me!

T

No comments: