Thursday, March 27, 2014

Comics Mayhem!!!

Hey everyone! Well, our Kickstarter for our EC HORROR comics tribute "TALES OF SEQUENTIAL MAYHEM" was a sweet success! We got officially funded yesterday and then some. So I am putting the finishing touches on the files before they go to the printer today and tomorrow. Here's a look at a color version of a pinup of "ZOMBIE QUEEN" I did for the book. It appears as a fake ad for a drive in movie:


Zombies are lead by her boobs!

I've been pencilling new STARSLAM strips and I uploaded Chapter 5 to the site. So we're good until July. Its looking likely that I will get all the original art done before that too. So I am thinking by the fall time I will have a full book for that comic in the online store here. I've done too many book plugs this early part of the year so I don't want to drop that on you now. Besides, we got our SUPER ONLINE BOOK SALE going on right now. Don't want to get any of my books lost in the mix as we go along.

So this makes FOUR books published by me this year. With a FIFTH one promised around the fall. Eh? What cha think? Aren't we the hardest working indie comic people out there right now? :) Its all for me celebrating 20 years of doing this, this year. I love this life!

In non-pluggy type of news, I've been working my way through Band of Brothers and re-watching Game of Thrones with the wife. Almost done with the first show. Its quite good. I also have been moving around furniture and I am ready to get a big box and start tossing crap. The weather outside is hot and then cold here in Michigan, but I am forcing spring to hurry up via doing some hardcore cleaning and moving. I moved the living room and office around a bit. Hopefully the kids stay out of my books because they are now at a level where they can tamper with them. They are gonna hear a lot of "NOs" from me!

I've also been reading some of the comics I've bought recently and forgot I read or giving them a fair shake read on the toilet (as I often do). All New X-men, Batman, The Dirty Pair, Empowered, Invincible, 90's Prophet, Soul Saga and others. I also finally got my buddy Jay Fosgitt's Bodie Troll trade. I gotta make a list of the comics and trades I am missing. And I am trying to finish Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane, but with all the work I am getting done, I don't have much time to sit and read a book like I did. Hopefully soon I'll get ahead of where I need to be and then I can slack off some more to read some new shit.

As far as vinyl, I haven't picked up too many new records. The most recent aquirements are Pearl Jam Vitology, Def Leppard's Pyromania and Saxon Denim and Leather. I did order White Zombie's Astro Creep 2000 and it should come in soon. Record Store Day is coming up and I got my eye on that Type O Negative record. I scored tickets to see Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden for the summer as well. Finally going to scratch those bands off my list.

I suppose thats enough updating for now. Be sure that you are keeping up with my PODCAST for additional news and talkingzzzz. Much love to you all!

T

No comments: