Monday, March 24, 2014

Pleasant Life Timeline


To give an idea of the long history I have with these characters, I've put together a timeline for the book and the milestones. It is a major part of my life. You can order the book right HERE. But for now, enjoy this trip down memory lane.

1994-1995 I drew the 16 pages to “Amazing Bud” over the winter months and into March of 95. I then printed them in my graphic design class on the offset press. It was 150 copies. I sold them to friends and local shops.

1996-1997 I draw several pages for what would be “Amazing Bud 2” but graduate high school and stall on finding a printer to do it cheaply. Concept is abandoned.

1998 I change the title to “Pleasant Hymns” and start a new #1. I get about five pages done before stalling on the concept.

Dec. 2000 My mother dies .

Mid-2001 Inspired after my mom’s death I decide to make “Pleasant Life” into a comic series and put her death into it. I find a local printer in Shepherd, MI that is willing to print 300 copies for me for $400.

Jan 2002 Pleasant Hymns #1 is released. Local newspapers and Tv programs interview me and run stories.

March 2002 Pleasant Hymns #2 is released. Cm Life newspapers run the story. Grim Printing does the printing.

April 2002 Pleasant Hymns #3 is released. Cm Life newspapers run the story and I appear on Campus TV program “Prime Time with Jared.” It also is reviewed in CBR. Grim Printing does the printing.

May 2002 My first con appearance as a publisher/Artist at Motor City Comic Con.

Oct 2002 Pleasant Hymns #4 is released. Grim Printing does the printing. I am featured in Mt. Pleasant Magazine.

March 2003 Pleasant Hymns #5 comes out. SPXPO in Florida does the printing.
August 2003 Pleasant Hymns #6 comes out. I am featured on the local News in a TV segment.
SPXPO in Florida does the printing.

February 2004 Pleasant Hymns #7 comes out. SPXPO in Florida does the printing.

December 2004 I graduate Central Michigan University with an art degree.

January 2005 Pleasant Hymns: THE DIRECTORS CUT (#1-7, 8-9) is released. It is reviewed in CBR and on Newsarama. OPM in Pennsylvania does the printing.

August 2005 Pleasant Hymns: GEEKS GONE WILD is released. OPM in Pennsylvania does the printing.

January 2006 Pleasant Hymns: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE SAGA is released. OPM in Pennsylvania does the printing.

January 2007 Pleasant Hymns retitled to “Pleasant Life” and a new #1 is released. Intended to be a new series/continuation under a new title. Ultimately scrapped and it was decided to put what would have been the 10 issue series into one big tradebook. Comixpress does the printing.

August 2007 Artist Jay Fosgitt begins art on what was to be a Pleasant Life Halloween Special but the concept is abandoned. 

2008 PLEASANT LIFE: WHAT WE LEAVE BEHIND tradebook is released. Effectively ends the series. Comixpress does the printing.

2009 All Pleasant Hymns/Pleasant Life books go out of print. The characters in the series are featured in CBLDF LIBERTY sketch card set.

2014 I put together a new collection of all four tradebooks, plus tons of archived bonus material and a new 7 page bonus story for the PLEASANT LIFE COMPLETE COLLECTION that is due out in April. Ka-blam does the printing.

Future – (?)
 

No comments: