Wednesday, April 01, 2015

In Constant Motion

Hey friends. Been crazy but I finally have a couple days off to myself. Scratching things off my TO DO list and yippie!! Yesterday I spent some more time with my kids. Brought them here to my house and they seemed to have a good time:

Scotty was happy to be back on his old computer again.

Lil' James is OBSESSED with brooms and vaccuums. So I let him play with my vaccuum all day.

It was great to hang with them. I wish I had more time to do so but between two jobs, I get like 4-5 hours of sleep and on my two days off from one job, I spend one with them and a few hours with my girlfriend or other friends. I keep applying for higher paying jobs so I can get a sense of normalcy in my life. Lets hope something comes along to where I can achieve that!

The diet is so-so. I haven't gained any weight but I have fell off the work out bandwagon after my foot accident. I need to get back into the saddle. I'm back to drinking caffiene too to keep me awake on those over night shifts. It sucks! But I'm dealing. Every now and then I'll treat myself to something new, like some hats! 



I've always wanted to be a hat guy, and now I am. Thanks!

I also got a couple new albums. The new Marilyn Manson disc is SWEET! But I got the new Scott Weiland CD yesterday and holy bacon bits is it awesome. Its a consistant rocker all the way through. Check it out. Please! I hit GOLDEN HARVEST for breakfast again yesterday and my god.... HOLY SHIT are they awesome! Please check them out if you are in the Lansing, MI area. Best breakfast I've ever had. Literally. Worth the 45 minute wait outside. I'd go there daily if I could. I mean it. Check it out!! Turner St. in old town Lansing.

On the art front, I got assigned to two new card sets and I am still plugging away on STARSLAM 2 pages. I'm about 30 pages in now. Hoping to get some major pencils done this weekend. Wish me luck on that! I want to get this book in the can by the fall so I can Kickstart it and its gonna pay for my 2016 convention plans. New table, new books, new layout, everything! I'm also saving $ for a much needed vacation in May. Planning on going to Chicago to sightsee, see the art museum, aquarium, the High Fidelity filming locations and more. Really looking forward to it. I need a relaxing vacation after this last year! Much deserved, I say!

With all that, I don't want to bring the blog down, but I will say things in the news has really troubled me as of late. There's some fucked up laws being passed in Indiana and Arkansas and they are toying in Michigan with doing the same thing. How descrimination and prejudice gets lawful protection in this world is absolutely beyond me and we must rise up to stop it. So write to your congress representative. Get loud. Go out and protest. Go out and vote. Doing online fighting in Facebook feeds does nothing for it. Go where your voice will be heard. Vote these idiots out of office and demand a fair world. Also, be mindful of what the big corporations are doing to our food. The crap they put into our stuff to keep us sick, fat and dying is incredible. Watch the documentaries, eat healthier and wake up to what they are doing to us. It sounds like hippie bullshit, but I assure its not. Get loud, Get foolish and make your voice heard. Not just for us, but for our children too. Make sure they inherit a world that is good and just. They deserve better than living with our stupid mistakes.

(Off Soapbox)

Anyway folks, BUSY! Thats a good thing. Shit is lining up and getting done. My slate is starting to clear off slowly and I'm digging out of the pile. The little things to the big things. Its something we all strive to do. But its going well for me. Big and fun things are coming and I am beyond excited about it. I've got a smile on my face and great clarity like I've never had before. Things are going well. Base point: I'm happy. And thats a damn good thing.

So off I go into the world. Have a good week/weekend. I'll see you next time and I'll share some of my STARSLAM 2 progress!

Cheers, T

No comments: