Wednesday, September 07, 2016

What I feel like right now

Hello my friends, welcome back.

I try to keep content rolling here at my website. I recorded a 30 minute podcast celebrating the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. Listen for free right HERE - Meanwhile the blogging continues. During down months when I am working on stuff, I try to keep everyone in the loop. I will say very soon that there will be some adjustments to how I do things and the longtime fans will be rewarded. Especially those who like the more erotica side of things I do. Like I said, before the year is out, an announcement will come. Til then, consider yourselves blue-balled and teased.

I'm working on TWO books at once, with the possibility of two more in the wings when I feel like it. Plus the secret thing. So really, FIVE projects at once. I'm allowing myself to sorta chase whatever I feel like doing the day of and see what comes. Its honestly, no good way to work. But its what I feel like right now.

A lot of shit has happened this year. Extreme ups and downs. Meeting great new people, going to places, making plans for the future, a move, a relationship change, a death of a close friend, working over 40 hours weekly, etc. Its honestly been a whirlwind. I never get any time to "myself" anymore. But the other night I did. Kitty D and I sat and watched three flicks: Uncle Buck (which I'd never seen. I give it a solid B), Evil Dead 2 (which she never had seen. Top 20 movie for me) and Night of the Creeps (which is good. Solid B+). The next day I was so giddy and refreshed to have taken a time out to just sit and veg on some movies. I never get to do that anymore. Always going going going. In many ways, I'm exhausted. But I don't know how else to be.

Since my friend died, my diet has stalled. We're slowly trying to find a new routine at the new place. Things are finally settling and we're getting our shit done. That is important. The next two weeks we are taking some much needed vacations. One is unexpected, to Horrorhound Indianapolis, where I am helping out on the fundraiser for Caleb's family. The next weekend is the drive inn two day camping trip that Caleb, Joe and and all our girl's planned to go to before all the shit went down. We're still going, to honor our friend. I'm sure the next two weekends will present a lot of fun and great times. But also there will be emotions involved. I feel like I have to do these things. To help out, to honor those who we carry with us and also that our lives should be a celebration and do continue. His presence will certainly be felt there.

The addition of a colorist for Starslam 3 has given me some newfound excitement for the project. Not that it was waning before, but I know there is a lot to draw. Some challenging scenes to do and I wasn't looking forward to coloring it all! But now I can focus on making each page the best I can deliver. Really make this book go out with a bang! And with Pleasant Life 2, I'm doing a lot of Mortin pages... perfect way to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of STAR TREK. It's my way, I guess.

There are so many pots on my oven and they are all boiling. I hope I can continue to clear the cobwebs in my mind and in my body the next two weeks so I can fuel the rocket to speed off and kick some ass on these things. I don't need another thing to worry about. I feel like for the first time in months my forward view is clearing up a bit. Some things I am angry about just don't feel as bad anymore. I kinda know my place in all these things now. Anger and bitterness just don't happen anymore about all this creative stuff. I was carrying a lot of baggage about it. Stuff I won't get into. But the other night I had some drunken clarity that I know who I am, what I can do and what I want to do with everything. My mind is always racing and such a jumble sometimes. And now that I got some stability with Kitty D's help, support from all around and final clarity on what I want to do with all these ideas in my head, I know I can truly move forward in all things. Mental, physical and creatively.

Like I said, this has been a hard year so far. But I've been through worse.

Right now, I just feel like the match is lit and the wick is sparkling. Its travelling down to the rocket as we speak. But it won't explode. It will shoot off and be a spectacular show. As I wind down this thing and wrestle me and my head to the ground..... finally!

But first, we are celebrating this weekend. We are fundraising this weekend. We are kicking some ass, THIS WEEKEND AT HORRORHOUND INDIANAPOLIS!


All day long at the 12 Gauge Gore booth on Saturday, there will be a silent auction and raffles galore. Some GREAT prizes to get. Details and pics of the prizes are HERE ON THE FACEBOOK PAGE! And from 2-7pm on Saturday the 10th I will set up at the booth and do drawings for donations. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Stevens Family. Beyond that, we're going to dance, drink, shop and be merry. We're going to celebrate life, our friends, horror movies and be with just cool fucking people.

One thing I've learned over my 38 years on this planet: You never know what tomorrow will bring. Live every day as if its your only day. Treat everyone you meet with respect and love. Reach out to your friends and family when you can. Let them know you care. Don't let time and distance get in the way. And chase the whimsies and dreams. Doesn't matter what success you have with it. At least you did it. In short, LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING.

So go do it.

--T

See you this weekend in Indy.... With my new family. It feels great to be so welcome.

No comments: