Sunday, February 19, 2017

Refining

Oi fellow Mac N Cheese eaters and those who don't eat Mac N Cheese. I think that covers everyone, right?

Busy, is an understatement. I've got a lot going and man, I need a vacation. Its getting fucking brutal. Starting off with everything Kickstarter related. Right now, it stands at over $1,200. Almost TRIPLE what we asked for! Only a handful of days left so act quick! Note: The TALES FROM THE GORE book WILL NOT be available in my online store after the Kickstarter ends. So this is pretty much the only way to get it from me. I will not have any copies to sell you. If you track down 12 Gauge Gore at a horror show, you could find one. But from me? Nope. This is the only way. Don't be left out in the cold! Pledge and support the Kickstarter for my new book right HERE - Only Three days left!!

I got the proof copy of the book from the printer this weekend. It looks great! Check it out:


Where I won't have this book in my online store, I still have my other books. I sold a Pleasant Life today even! Here's a sketch the lucky person got when they ordered the book. Thanks a lot to all who continue to support my stuff! 


I always love drawin' the boys. I miss them. Hopefully I can get STARSLAM 3 done so I can continue their adventures!

After the Kickstarter ends, Olya and I will be busy with your commissions and then once the books are here, we got books to do sketches in! So we will be busy all March and part of April getting these things done. I haven't spoken to her but we are all thrilled with how well the Kickstarter for Caleb's book is doing. Thanks everyone who has pledged and supported! It means more than you know. This is not just any other book I've done. It represents so much more.

Well, I registered my hotel so now I am 100% locked in for Chicago Exxxotica in June. More on that later. I am also sooooooo ready for a vacation!!! I'll be taking next month to Horrorhound Cincinnati. We will have limited copies of the TALES FROM THE GORE at the 12 Gauge Gore booth but mostly its time for me to walk around and enjoy myself. Its also my girlfriend and I's one year anniversary at the show! Interestingly enough, I put my deposit down for my first tattoo that I will be getting at the show! Its a Caleb tribute piece I've been talking about doing for months now and I chose the right person and place to do it, I think. Its about time I get some ink on this old body. Looking forward to the trip. I'll have plenty of pics and video to share when I come back. Less than a month away! I need it!!!

I really have been running around ragged lately. Overtime, job, artworking, kids, cats, etc. Its been crazy. Right now, one of our fur babies, Belle, is severely sick and we gotta take her in tomorrow to get looked at. I hope its nothing too serious. Even though they fight, I think Lily is a bit upset at her friend being sick:


This weekend I was able to do some inking on Starslam 3 pages. I also refined the script a bit, adding some new elements and deleting some others. I basically streamlined it and got rid of some stuff that I didn't think was working. I think now its much tighter and makes way more sense. I'm still 50 pages in but I got my next 30 plotted out. I'll pull reference and start pencils this week. I should have a batch this week to toss to Andy for coloring as well. Might as well get this baby out the door while I got the fire to get to rolling.

I also have commissions to work on and a few other things on the TO DO list. But I'm still rockin' it. Not much else to say. Just get it done. Do what I can. Make it happen. The nice weather this week has been a welcome bonus to my day too. Helps remind me that the sun is still willing to welcome me to a new day of trying. I'm busy refining my work and my life approach. Its not an overnight thing. More a lifelong thing.

Cheers, T

No comments: