Monday, May 15, 2017

No More Commissions

Hey friends.

It saddens me to say this, but for the moment, I am closing all commissioned work from me. Over the past few weeks I have been slowly learning what I am able to do and not do now with this new health issue of carpal tunnel. Some days I can draw fine. But most I am struggling to even grip a pencil. Its going to be an ongoing learning process and I will have to re-evaluate what I can and can't do, and how fast or slow I can go now.

So for the foreseeable future, no more commissioned artwork from me. If I get any work done, it will have to be on the pages for the comics that I promised. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone but it is necessary. Thank you for understanding.

I will keep you all updated as to the progress on this new trajectory that my life seems to be taking. I'm honestly angry and saddened about it. But its just something I will have to cope with and accept.

Thanks folks,

--T

1 comment:

Mike P said...

Hey man, so sorry to hear that. I had a bad bout of CTS as well, back when I first got on the Net (6-8 hours a day of AOL chat rooms will do that, LOL). What worked for me was a combination of a brace (sold anywhere; Amazon, CVS etc.) that kept my wrist straight, and exercises specifically for carpal tunnel (which you should be able to find via Google or YouTube; just make sure the source is legit, like a clinic or WebMD type of thing).

You should also see your doc, obviously. Sometimes surgery will help--heck, my 86-year-old mother-in-law is having surgery for hers, so you're never too old to benefit!

Hang in there and take care.

Best,
Mike